Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Jesus Feeds the 5,000

Jesus Feeds the 5,000
John 6:1-15

 When telling this Bible story, I show the children my small basket, 2 fish cut outs and 5 pieces of bread cut out. 


As I am telling the story, I place the 5 loaves and 2 fish inside the basket. After telling about how Jesus gave thanks, I pull on a string that is hidden on the back of the basket. See picture below:


 When I pull slowly on the string, the loaves and fish keep coming and coming and coming and coming!  There are many, many more than are pictured below:


The children are always asking, "How did you do that?"  Then I let them make one so they can retell the story for their parents, grandparents, and friends.

Materials:
Small basket (paper or plastic - I have another post under Jesus' Miracles which shows how to make a basket from a plain paper sack)
Lots of paper fish and loaves cut out
String
Tape

Instructions:
  • Set aside 5 loaves and 2 fish cutouts.
  • Lay out a long piece of string on the table.  Tape many small fish and loaves cut outs to the string.  (Make sure it is not super super long or it will get tangled). Leave some space at one end of the string so it can hang over the back of the basket without being seen.
  •  Very carefully put one end of the string into the basket and slowly let the fish and loaves (that are taped onto it) ease into the basket.
  • Hang the other end over the edge of the basket as seen in the picture.
  • Take your basket and your fish and loaves and tell the story! Make sure the kids cannot see the string.  (You can put your thumb over it).



Pin It

1 comment:

  1. I really like this idea for the little ones. Thank You

    ReplyDelete